FloRacing's Dirt Power Rankings
April Power Rankings: Top 10 Dirt Drivers
FloRacing ranks the top 10 dirt drivers following a busy month of racing in April.
1) Anthony Macri (Last Month: 8th) - Macri was nearly unstoppable anytime he strapped in behind the wheel of a Sprint Car in April. He ended the month with six victories, all of which came during a 10-game span during the middle of the month. His list of wins included two Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions victories at Bloomsburg Fair Speedway and Port Royal Speedway, as well as the Invasion of the Posse at Bridgeport Speedway. He also collected 410 Sprint Car victories at Williams Grove Speedway, Port Royal and Selinsgrove Speedway.
2) Jonathan Davenport (Last Month: NR) - After a slow start to the 2022 season, Davenport came alive at the end of April with three wins and seven top-five finishes in last eight starts. His wins this month included a $50,000 XR Super Series win at All-Tech Raceway, a $22,022 Castrol FloRacing Night in America victor at Brownstown Speedway and a $25,000 World of Outlaws Late Model Series triumph at Bristol Motor Speedway.
3) Justin Grant (Last Month: 2nd) - Grant continues to be one of the best open-wheel drivers in the country during the early part of the 2022 season. This past month, Grant won the USAC Silver Crown season-opening Sumar Classic at Terre Haute Action Track and a USAC National Midget feature at Port City Raceway.
4) Matt Sheppard (Last Month: NR) - As the schedule begins to get busier for Dirt Modified drivers in the Northeast, Sheppard is starting to hit his stride. "Super Matt" claimed the Short Track Super Series Elite victory at Orange County Fair, Speedway, the season-opening "Honoring Alex" race for Modifieds at Utica-Rome Speedway and the season opener at Outlaw Speedway.
5) Chris Madden (Last Month: 1st) - "Smoky" has cooled off a bit since our last version of power rankings but continues to be a threat to win everywhere the No. 44 shows up. Madden won the $21,000-to-win Lil' Bill Corum Memorial for the Spring Nationals Series at Tazewell Speedway to keep himself in the top five.
6) Ryan Godown (Last Month: 4th) - Godown has had a stellar start to the 2022 season and kept his momentum rolling in April with a pair of victories at his home track of Bridgeport. He also kicked off the month of May with his first career Super DIRTcar Series win this past Tuesday at Bridgeport.
7) Carson Macedo (Last Month: NR) - Macedo claimed his third and fourth World of Outlaws Sprint Car wins of the season during the month of April. His four victories are the most of any World of Outlaws driver and currently have him sitting second in the championship standings.
8) Brandon Overton (Last Month: 3rd) - It wasn't the month of April that Overton had hoped for, but he salvaged the month with a Spring Nationals victory at Wythe Raceway. His win that night came following a thrilling late-race battle with Jonathan Davenport. Overton also scored a pair of top-five finishes in the Castrol FloRacing Night in America doubleheader at Eldora Speedway and Brownstown Speedway.
9) Tyler Courtney (Last Month: NR) - The defending Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions champion opened the points-counting season the same way he ended the 2021 season: in victory lane. Courtney swept the opening weekend at Attica Raceway Park to start his title defense on a strong note.
10) Stewart Friesen (Last Month: NR) - In between his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts, Friesen has been returning to his Dirt Modified roots often. In April, Friesen won his third straight Diamond 50 with the Short Track Super Series at Delaware International Speedway. He also opened the season at Fonda Speedway with a victory in the Jack Johnson Memorial