Completed · Oct 20, 2021
Watch the $10,000-to-win Castrol® FloRacing Night In America stop at Volunteer Speedway live on FloRacing!
Bulletin: February 23, 2021
Please note: this document is intended to circulate as an overview of rules effective the date indicated.
Standard Super Late Model body rules apply. (Lucas Oil or WoO)
All technical rules, suspension or otherwise will apply. (Lucas Oil or WoO)
Pre-race deck height – 39 inches (1/2 inch tolerance)
Pre-race nose height – 15 inches (max) to top of nose on RF corner
8 inch spoiler max with 8 inch sides – (spec engines, steel block steel head engines may run 12 inch sides only)
No data acquisition or traction control allowed at any time.
No Droop Rule
- Exception: Droop rule will be enforced at Tri-County Racetrack on October 7th.
- Open engine – 2350 lbs
- 1 lb. per lap plus 5 burn off – Feature Only – (example: 40 lap feature = 2305 lbs after race)
- Spec, Steel or 525 – 2250 lbs
- 1 lb. per lap plus 5 burn off – Feature Only – (example: 40 lap feature = 2205 lbs after race)
- ALL lead must be painted WHITE and secured with (2) “1/2” inch bolts for each piece of lead.
- All cars must scale during qualifying. All transfer cars for heats, b-mains (LCS), and top 5 of the feature event must scale. Scales will be designated during the drivers meeting.
- Drivers must have a working fire extinguisher
- Drivers must have a Hans or hybrid head and neck restraint
- Drivers must have complete driving suit, shoes and gloves
- Compounds for each event will be posted in advance.
- Tire testing can be performed at any time during the event.
- Drivers who have tire samples collected for lab testing will have all purse monies held by series officials until tire samples have been found to match benchmark samples. Once samples have cleared the lab the purse monies will be released and mailed to noted car owner.
2021 Castrol® FloRacing Night In America Tire Rules
Volunteer Speedway (October 20)
Front: Hoosier 1350 / Spec 21 / AR SD-48
Left Rear: Hoosier 1350 / Spec 21 / AR SD-48
Right Rear Hoosier 1350 / 1600 / Spec 21 / Spec 55 / AR SD-48, MD-5610/28
Tri-County Racetrack (October 28)
Front: Hoosier 1300, 1350, Spec 21 / AR SD-44, SD-48
Left Rear: Hoosier 1300, 1350, Spec 21 / AR SD-44, SD-48
Right Rear: Hoosier 1300, 1350, 1600, Spec 21, Spec 55 / AR SD-44, SD-48, MD-56
COMPETITION RULES & PROCEDURES:
- All cars must be teched before a car can compete in any type of competition
- Westhold (yellow) transponders will be used and One-Way Driver Radio (454.0000) must be used at all times. Transponders must be mounted on the right-rear, axle tube. - Note: Fairbury Speedway event on September 14 will utilize AMB (red) transponders. On September 14 at Fairbury Speedway ONLY, the transponders must be mounted on the motor plate.
- All order of events, line-ups, points, registration, will be posted at the designated command areas in the pit area.
- A/B group qualifying, heats will be lined straight up (no inversion) within the qualifying group
- 31 & under car count – 3 heats (top 6), 1 LCS (top 2, 3, or 4), 22 car feature
- 32 – 47 car count – 4 heats (top 4), 2 LCS (top 2 or 3), 22 car feature
- 48 & above – 6 heats (top 3), 2 LCS (top 1 or 2), 22 car feature
- Format and number of transfer cars may be adjusted, dependent on eligible provisional drivers.
- No series provisionals for the first three events. Beginning with the fourth event, positions 21 and 22 will be reserved (if needed) for the two drivers highest in points with perfect attendance, who don’t qualify for the feature event. Drivers will be limited to a total of two (2) provisionals during the series. No emergency provisionals at any time.
- All original starts will be side-by-side nose to tail with the leader setting the pace and the front row starting the race. Restarts will be Delaware Double File except for the last 5 laps of the feature will be single file. Cars out of line or jumping a start for a second time, will result in a caution and being penalized one (1) row.
- A yellow flag means your wheels are not turning. If a car spins or creates a caution and you make contact and stop, you are also part of the caution. If you spin to avoid and do not make contact, you’ll get your spot back. If you slow or spin and it creates a caution, but you keep going, you will blend back in the line-up.
- Hitting cars under caution or after a checkered will result in being disqualified for the balance of the event.
- All transponders must be turned in after the event. Failure to return your transponder will result in not receiving your check until it is returned. If not returned you will be charged $500
- Payout will be after the feature at the designated command center. Please be courteous to all the tracks on the Castrol FloRacing Night in America schedule and please take all your tires with you!
BONUSES, INCENTIVES, & TOW MONEY
- Beginning with the second event, a driver who is in the Top-8 in series points will receive $500 tow money. Only drivers who are in the Top-8 in points entering that day’s event are eligible.
- Top-2 drivers in points get two free team passes, respectively, starting with second event.
- Perfect attendance drivers receive free entry fee, starting with the second event
- At each driver’s meeting two drivers will be randomly drawn to receive a free Hoosier Tire. Begins at first event.
- At each driver’s meeting two drivers will be randomly drawn to receive $150 each. Begins at first event.
2021 FloRacing Night in America Championship Point's System
A Feature Points
B-Main Points (For Each B-Main)
6th Non-Qualifier - Last Non-Qualifier
- A driver’s best seven finishes count toward the championship point fund.
- If less than seven races are completed by the series, all race points earned by competitors will count toward championship point fund
- The first tiebreaker for any final point’s position is number of wins. The second tiebreaker for any final point’s position is total number of events entered. The third tiebreaker for any final point’s position is total number of Top-5 finishes. Final tiebreaker for any final point’s position is total number of Top-10 finishes.
2021 Castrol FloRacing Night in America Point’s Fund
If seven or more races are completed by the series there will be a full point’s fund payout to all qualifying drivers.
If six or less races are completed by the series, there may be a prorated point’s fund payout to qualifying drivers.