Richard Vander Weerd rocketed to the top of the Oval Nationals ProSource Passing Master standings following his charge from 19th to 8th during Friday’s night two feature event at California’s Perris Auto Speedway.
Vander Weerd (Visalia, Calif.) now has gained 14 total positions over the first two nights of racing in the 24th annual event. ProSource will award a $400 bonus for the Passing Master - the driver who accumulates the most total positions gained from his or her starting spot during the course of Thursday, Friday and Saturday night’s preliminary and feature events.
Nov. 7-9 | 9am ET
Racing continues Saturday night at Perris on November 9 featuring USAC’s AMSOIL National, CRA and Sands Chevrolet Southwest Sprint Car divisions for the event finale. Cars hit the track at 5:15pm Pacific on Saturday.
If you are unable to make it to the track, all the action can be watched live on FloRacing. Live timing and scoring is available on both the USAC and Race-Monitor apps.
OVAL NATIONALS PROSOURCE PASSING MASTER POINTS
(After Night 2 of 3)
1. (14) Richard Vander Weerd
2. (13) Brody Roa
3. (12) Justin Grant
4. (12) Chris Bonneau
5. (11) Hunter Schuerenberg
6. (11) Austin Liggett
7. (10) Logan Seavey
8. (10) Bud Kaeding
9. (9) Tyler Courtney
10. (8) Damion Gardner, Austin Williams, Cody Williams, Stevie Sussex & Thomas Meseraull
15. (7) C.J. Leary, Chase Stockon & Jake Swanson
18. (6) Josh Hodges
19. (5) Brady Bacon, Chris Windom & Kevin Thomas, Jr.
22. (4) Charles Davis, Jr. & Tommy Malcolm
24. (3) Matt McCarthy
25. (2) Bill Rose, Jeremy Ellertson & Max Adams
28. (1) Chris Gansen, Frank Rodgers III, Joel Rayborne, R.J. Johnson, Sterling Cling & Will Perkins
34. (0) Chase Johnson, Dennis Gile, Donnie Gansen, Eddie Tafoya, Jr., Jace Vander Weerd, Jason McDougal, Steve Hix, Tye Mihocko & Verne Sweeney