Create a free account to unlock this article!
Already a subscriber? Log In
Friday night at Kokomo Speedway, a pair of USAC standouts reached the century mark in terms of consecutive USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car feature starts.
Both Tyler Courtney (Indianapolis, Ind.) and Justin Grant (Ione, Calif.) each made their 100th series start in a row on the second night of Sprint Car Smackdown VIII at the Kokomo quarter-mile dirt oval. Both began their streaks at the beginning of the 2017 season in Ocala, Fla. and haven’t missed a start since.
Their concurrent streaks of 100 starts rank third among active drivers behind Chase Stockon’s 283 and Chris Windom’s 134. In fact, Courtney and Grant each reached a very exclusive mark with the feat, becoming the eighth and ninth drivers to put together 100 or more straight USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car feature starts, joining Levi Jones (284), Chase Stockon (283), Dave Darland (204 & 106), Brady Bacon (147), Windom (134), Damion Gardner (126) and Tracy Hines (123).
The racing festivities at Kokomo continue on the final night of Smackdown, Saturday, August 24. All gates open at 3pm Eastern with the drivers meeting at 5:30pm and cars on track at 6pm. Adult general admission tickets are $35 and children age 12 and under free. Pit passes are $45 apiece. The Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series will also be on the event card.
All of Smackdown will be shown live and on-demand on FloRacing. You can listen to live audio of each night on the USAC app and follow along with live timing and scoring on the Race-Monitor app as well as the USAC app.
ALL-TIME CONSECUTIVE USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR FEATURE STARTS:
(Drivers with 100 or more)
1. (284) Levi Jones / 2004-2012
2. (283) Chase Stockon / 2012-Present
3. (204) Dave Darland / 2012-2017
4. (147) Brady Bacon / 2013-2017
5. (134) Chris Windom / 2016-Present
6. (126) Damion Gardner / 2008-2012
7. (123) Tracy Hines / 2009-2012
8. (106) Dave Darland / 2004-2008
9. (100) Tyler Courtney / 2017-Present
10. (100) Justin Grant / 2017-Present
TOP CURRENT CONSECUTIVE USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR FEATURE STARTS:
(Drivers with 50 or more)
1. (283) Chase Stockon / 2012-Present
2. (134) Chris Windom / 2016-Present
3. (100) Tyler Courtney / 2017-Present
4. (100) Justin Grant / 2017-Present
5. (98) Kevin Thomas, Jr. / 2017-Present
6. (70) Brady Bacon / 2017-Present
7. (66) C.J. Leary / 2017-Present